Homebrew Competition Rules and Registration
- $5 per entree, max 4 entries per person
- An entrant must supply 2 bottles of each entry
- Registration begins April 27 and runs through June 1
- Must be 21 to enter
- No meads, honeywines, or ciders
- All bottles must be free of graphics and labels. Any identifying logos must be COMPLETELY removed or scratched out with black permanent marker
- All bottles must be between 10-16oz. Brown or green bottles only.
- All entries must be turned in by 11am on June 3. No late entries will be accepted.
- No skunky, chunky, or vinegary beers will be sampled.
- Judging will be loosely based on American Homebrewing Association standards: Aroma, Appearance, Mouthfeel, and Overall Impressions.
- Beers will be judged by style category with each category winner competing for the title of “Best in Show.” Judging will occur from 12–4PM.
- Each beer will be placed and judged in six categories based on style. There will be six major categories: Blonde/Pilsner/Wheat, Pale Ales, Belgian/Famhouse Ales/Saisons, Red/Amber/Brown, Stout/Porter, Miscellaneous (Including Fruit Beer, Sours, and Novelty Brews). The beers selected as category winners will be recognized. Each category winner will then be judged against one another.
- Category winners will compete for:
- Best in Show – $100
- Runner-Up – $50
- Judge’s Choice – $50
- Awards will be announced on Saturday, June 3 at 4pm in the Craft Beer Area on Kickapoo St. in Downtown Lincoln, IL.
- Homebrew competitions organizers reserve the right to combine or separate categories based upon the volume of entries.
facebook logo Lincoln Daily News