Information for Breweries
Lincoln’s Pigs & Swigs Festival began as a part of the Lincoln Art & Balloon Festival. In 2014, festival partners decided to expand the weekend into 3 separate events to drive tourism to Lincoln and create additional events for the residents of Logan County. Up in Smoke on the Square BBQ Competition is a long standing event that draws competitors from places all over the US. The weekend will host a family/kid friendly experience as well in Scully park with bounce houses, gaming trailer, kids BBQ competition and more.
The Swigs portion (Craft Beer Event) began as a small gathering in February 2014 at our famous Guzzardo’s Italian Villa where the Young Professionals Network of Logan County highlighted 2 local breweries (Destihl and Rolling Meadows) to a group of 70+ guests. Since that event YPN has expanded that venture into a 2 day tasting experience! Our hope is to bring the craft beer movement to Logan County residents, draw tourism to Lincoln, and raise money for the Logan County Food Pantry and other local charities.
- Breweries interested in sampling their beers at the Lincoln’s Pigs & Swigs Festival will be required to complete an application online (or mail to Lincoln Logan County Chamber of Commerce 1555 Fifth St. Lincoln IL. 62656).
- A non-refundable application fee of $100 is required at the time of application.
- The $100 application fee includes:
- 10×10 pop-up tent
- Trash pickup
- 1-2 volunteers (request needs to be made at the time of application)
- Ice for the weekend
- Special Hotel Rate only available to breweries:
- Holiday Inn: (217.735.5800)
- Hampton Inn: (217.732.6729)
- Schedule of Events:
- Friday June 3, 4pm: Brewery Setup begins
- Friday June 3, 6-11pm: Tasting Begins
- Saturday June 4, 11-2pm: Bags Tourney
- 12-4pm: Home Brew Competition
- 2-4pm: Brewery Setup Time
- 4-6pm: VIP Session
- 3 tasting tickets
- Food & beer pairing demonstration
- Beer talk session
- 6-11pm: Tasting Begins
How will you make money?
- Lincoln Logan County Chamber of Commerce will purchase ALL beer sampled during the festival.
- Breweries will need to submit a list of beers to be sampled at the festival, no later than May 15. *Recommendations on amount of beer to purchase will appreciated.
- If a brewery holds a distributor license, we will buy direct from that brewery
- Otherwise we will purchase from a local distributor
- Breweries are encouraged to bring their merchandise (shirts, glasses, etc.) to sell at their booth.
- Guests will receive 10 sampling tickets at the door.
- 1, 3oz sample = 1 tasting ticket
- Full pours will be available for select beers. The Swigs Committee will determine the cost of a full pour based on total cost of the product.
- Guests can purchase additional tickets for $1.00ea
- The Lincoln Logan County Chamber of Commerce will hold the special event liquor license and the Dram Shop liability insurance for the 2 day festival.